Follow "Wood for Food" Blog by Email

Want to stay posted? If you'd like to receive an email when a new post is added to the Wood for Food blog, just type your address in the above field, and click "Submit."

Monday, February 17, 2014

A Limerick from Lee


Today my good friend Lee Johnson sent me a limerick...
 and it's too much fun to keep to myself! 



I know a young woman from Nine Mile
She gardens with joy in a new style
When I bring her some wood
She asks, "If we could?"
"In this pit we should build a big pile."


Good wood in the ground is a shame
Firewood cutters might be prone to claim
No smoke, fire or heat
No burning to warm up your feet
Some see it a waste, with no flame!


But the heat in the ground happens slow,
Helping all of those vegetables grow.
A process of making food from wood:
Slow burning this way is surely as good
As the harvest will deliciously show







Thank you, Lee, for telling the Wood for Food story in a poem, and for your tremendous effort in bringing wood for the slow burn! 










1 comment:

  1. I love this limerick so much that I shared it on my Facebook page; https://www.facebook.com/O.Garden.Goddess/posts/10202396887697050?stream_ref=10

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on the Wood for Food blog! Your feedback is much appreciated. :-)